Monday, December 26, 2011

The gift of giving

Yesterday was Christmas and I did not get my girlfriend anything even though she got me three gifts. The one reason for this is because my family does Secret Santa, where you pick one name from a hat and that’s the person you have to give gifts to for Christmas, and I had a $150 budget because of gas, coffee, and bus fair. It looks simple but in reality money disappears so quickly. I ended getting my Secret Santa their gift, but I got it the day before Christmas and I did not have enough time to buy something for my girlfriend because everything closed early on Christmas Eve. Despite my negligence, I knew the gift I gave my Secret Santa shows what kind of person my girlfriend and I are. Nevertheless, today I did not go out for the “after Christmas sales”, to get my girlfriend a present, because I plan to take my girlfriend out on an old fashion date, instead of giving a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment