Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Too good for Thurgood

The high school I went to was in San Francisco called Thurgood Marshall Academic High School, and the experience I had there was extra ordinary. Back then, I was part of the skateboarding crew, but because they went to drugs I turned into a loner. However, I had plenty of friends but I always tried to look busy doing homework so I can skateboard after school. With this method, I met the educators, the people, not teachers. So my idea of school was a blur because I was not into school activities or partying. I was all about skateboarding. Other than the normal, the one thing that separates my school from other school is that we had a riot in 2004 because of one student did not listen to a cop and in that same hour about a hundred of cops came to the school. Soon after the riot, we had principle after principle as I can recall it, 6 different principles. I was there but I felt no need for a connection because I found my connection with my environment in skateboarding and being outside.
“Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know. Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean. Sleep in peace when day is done. That's what I mean”- Nina Simone-Feeling Good


No comments:

Post a Comment